The advantages of the MSC system are wide reaching. It will help Administrators and staff improve every facet of how schools are operated, all while keeping parents well informed about everything happening within their child's school life. MSC will help you manage everything from online fundraising efforts and going paperless, to managing students in every way imaginable!
School Administrators, there are countless advantages to using the MSC portal! Imagine how the MSC portal will help your school system to:
- Reliably communicate with parents without thousands of easily misplaced paper copies
- Significantly reduce the administrative efforts required for managing activities
- Immediately diminish the heavy cost of printing thousands of fliers, permission slips, and enrollment forms
- Increase parent involvement in fundraising activities by automating the entire process: making it easier to manage and more fun for everyone
The MSC system also includes a built-in work flow process which allows school administrators to review and approve information entered by parents. MSC seamlessly integrates with existing student information systems (SIS), effectively eliminating double data entry and ensuring that the data being stored in the SIS is completely accurate and secure.
Our data security policies fully adhere to the strict standards and regulations set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Our data structuring and security makes it the highest priority to be aware of any updates or additions to this act in order to ensure that your student information is handled in the most secure manner possible. Some of our practices in securing your student's personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing Forced SSL encryption protocol for secure sharing of data between networks
- Only allowing authenticated and designated users access to sensitive information
- Tailoring different levels of access to specific types of authenticated users
The security policies regarding our Health Information Management module completely comply with the regulations and requirements set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Privacy Act (HIPPA). Similar to how our data security policies strictly follow the standards and rules of FERPA (above), we make it the highest priority to be up-to-date and aware of any additions or updates to the policies under this act. Some of the steps we take in securing your student's health information include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping student health information on a strictly need-to-know basis
- Customized authentication for need-to-know access in order to ensure the highest quality of protection for students
- Prohibiting the permanent storage of health information on any mobile device
Teachers, have you ever wanted a more effective way to store lesson materials? Communicate with parents? Look no further, MSC is the solution for you!
- With the Electronic Literature Folder, you can easily store anything for your students, from lesson materials such as worksheets and homework assignments, to necessary paperwork for parents such as field trip and fund raising forms!
- Keep in easy contact with parents in your class by sending out mass e-mails.
- Manage any disciplinary incidents in the classroom with the Incidents Management Module, and keep parents and administrators informed of changes as they happen via e-mail!
Parents, say goodbye to repetitive paperwork! Now, you can simply and easily manage all of your students’ information and activity participation with MSC! Whether it’s providing emergency contact information, filling out field trip permission slips, or student health information, MSC provides parents with a direct link to their student’s school wherever they have internet access. With MSC, parents can:
- Register and pay for your child's extracurricular activities, fund raisers, and sporting events
- Receive invitations for volunteer opportunities and sign up to volunteer at your child's school
- Monitor and reconcile payments received by the school
- Update emergency contact information and health information via smart phone, tablet, or home computer